Our aim: To be a good neighbour in all the communities we operate in. SYR has a financial impact on every community in which we operate. Our operations have the potential to cause disturbance to local residents, especially through traffic movements, machinery and vehicle noise, light pollution and emissions. We want all our unit management teams to make a contribution to a mitigation plan against negative impacts and to be encouraged to be involved in community initiatives and projects.
Education & Culture
Our aim: to encourage young people to learn about the cleaning sector from an academic and potential employment point of view. As an employer in the sector and often within the local community, SYR recognises it has an important role in engaging with young people. We have the skill and knowledge to offer young people guidance and mentoring and such opportunities should be encouraged.
- Site operating plans and adherence to appropriate Group environmental and health and safety policies
- Managing a community projects budget to support local causes, activities and initiatives
- Encouraging employees to volunteer to help in local activities
- Appropriate engagement with local community groups
- Using Group PR and PA resources where necessary to promote good news stories
- Local and national sponsorship of events, employees and organisations
Our Social impact matters to us.
In 1985 the switch was made into manufacturing, influenced by the company’s service roots in cleaning.